[OOTB-infra] Meeting about INTRA and DISTRO

Heiko Robert heiko.orderofthebee.info at ecm4u.de
Mon Feb 16 08:40:23 GMT 2015

Hi Oksana,

my first intention is to collect the status quo and then discuss/define
how to set it up the best way.

I would prefer to set it up the other way around: Set up one smart host
for the whole domain which routes the adresses or subdomains wehere they
should go. This would keep the config really simple and in one place. In
that case your zimbra server doesn't require any change for receiving
mails. The second point is that even if we keep it as it is we will not
be able to send email from your zimbra server reliably because PTR and
SPF records are not set up correctly. This means many email servers
incl. Google will refuse/discard delivery. This could be fixed with this
change.

Could you please document the existing forwards and lists to enable me
to suggest a configuration?

Thanks
Heiko