[OOTB-hive] Any thoughts on OOTBee owning projects or OOTBee access to Maven Central

Jeff Potts jeffpotts01 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 15:18:56 GMT 2016

It seems to me that nothing should be in the ootb namespace or in an ootb
managed artifact repo unless it is explicitly accepted into the
organization as a project that the organization will actively maintain. An
exception would be something developed specifically for ootb, like a tool
or module that the order uses for internal systems.

I don't think anyone has defined what "explicitly accepted into the
organization" entails or what it means.

My opinion is that if something is in that namespace or in an ootb managed
artifact repo it means the organization is committed to maintaining the
project and should be held accountable if it is not. Therefore the
community or some sub-set of the community needs to have a say as to what's
included.

Jeff