[OOTB-hive] New communication platform for our community?

Jeff Potts jeffpotts01 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 21:51:42 BST 2016

Everyone should try whatever tool sounds useful and interesting. If there
is a sub-committee that feels they could be more productive with a tool
other than IRC and email, they should use it.

But, just remember that, per our by-laws, the official communication tool
for OOTB is the public mailing list. That means votes occur in the public
mailing list and any communication that is intended for the entire group
occurs in the public mailing list. I don't see that changing any time soon
due to the ubiquity of email versus other tools. This is also how most
other prominent and successful open source projects are run.

Have fun with slack/mattermost/gitter/hipchat/telegram/whatever!

Jeff