[OOTB-hive] New communication platform for our community?

Daniel Gradecak daniel at gradecak.com
Wed Jul 27 13:12:45 BST 2016

Tahir, you have the point. However I wonder why we could not start
integrating those bits with slack, instead of starting using it
immediately. Step by step could be, add all channels to slack, configure
slack to get the information from anywhere we want, and make it the single
point of all the information and channels we are all using at this moment.
Just talking out loud, might be something we could start with, and we keep
the existing infrastructure as is. What do you think?

For my self I am using slack a lot for email communications, trello
cards/tasks and some other tools, just that I have everything in a single
place when I need to find something. I am not sure what kind of integration
slack has with IRC but a simple search offers a couple of possibilities,
however someone needs to investigate of course and cofnigure it. And to
spice this thing up
http://thenextweb.com/insider/2015/03/24/slack-is-quietly-unintentionally-killing-irc/#gref