[OOTB-hive] OOTB contribution issues

briank at glmotorsports.net briank at glmotorsports.net
Wed Jul 27 12:33:55 BST 2016

I imagine there's a lot of people with stories like mine.  I just don't have the time.  I spend most of my day at work, where we *do* have an Alfresco install, but that doesn't mean I work with it much.  I've customized a couple modules for our use, but it can be weeks in between times I even log into it (I do very little with documents normally).  Been meaning to do an upgrade the last couple of months again, but I'm simply swamped with other higher priority projects.  Once I get home, the rest of my time is gone between eating, sleeping, and trying to keep the house and cars from falling apart.

So, yes, the communication method should target the most active people as I don't expect it would make a huge difference for those of us that aren't very active.  Still, the big part where I feel left out is in the IRC communications, a lot of good stuff happens there, but I miss out so many times due to the nature of IRC.  E-mail, it may be awhile before I see it, but it *will* be there waiting for me, unlike IRC where I just plain miss out.  :-(