[OOTB-hive] New communication platform for our community?

martin at bettercode.com martin at bettercode.com
Wed Jul 27 09:47:08 BST 2016

> To be clear: I am not against changing the platform per-se. But I have
> strong reservations against doing something "for the heck of it" /
> "because X is cool" without tangible indicators / evidence that it's
> necessary / objectively benefits the Order or its role within the
> Community, especially if any effort could very well be spent on other
> activities with more direct results.

+1 to this, I just thought I would try out mattermost since I had
time to do so.

As I mentioned in IRC to Olivier this morning, for me content previews
etc from github gists or wherever is not compelling to me, however the
ability to share files inside the communication application is a pretty
good feature that is always really hard to get working in IRC, despite
the protocols for it having been around since I've been using IRC (which
is nearly 20 years now!)