[OOTB-hive] Extending the Board period to two years

Boriss Mejias tchorix at gmail.com
Thu Jul 21 04:02:56 BST 2016

Dear all,

As you may have deduced, we are very late for this year Board elections. In
fact, we are so late that we have come to the conclusion that we better
extend the tenure period to two years. Organizing elections every year is
time consuming and not very productive, but to extend the period, we need
to change the by-laws, which also involve a voting process. Such voting
process is much simpler than the Board election process, and it's an
investment since the change in the by-laws will allow us to have less
elections in the future.

Another email is going to be sent only to the voting members to avoid
spamming the whole list. We will inform everyone about the results. To
change the by-laws, we need two thirds approving the change. The vote is
going to be:

[VOTE] Extend the Board period to two years (change in the by-laws)

If some one has any comment on this change, please feel free to express it
here. Every one can comment, independent on having voting rights or not,
since everyone is part of the community, and the by-laws affect us all.

By the way, the by-laws are here:
https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/gov/blob/master/bylaws.md

Cheers
Boriss