[OOTB-hive] Can artifacts.alfresco.com be opened to the community?

Florian Maul florian.maul at gmail.com
Tue Jul 19 23:39:11 BST 2016

>From what I have heard from Alfresco staff at Beecon it is currently not
possible to bring external artifacts into the Alfresco nexus because the is
no process to deal with these contributions and the
responsibility/liability for the artifacts would need to be clarified.

In the long run I agree it would be good to have an artifact repository for
all the extensions.

Alternatively it is always possible for an author of an extension to
publish to maven central, as I ended up doing for the JavaScript Console.

The thing with the maven central publishing process is that you essentially
have to own the group id to publish artifacts, so it is not feasible to do
it without the help of the author.

Cheers,
Florian

Lanre Abiwon <el_gigantes at hotmail.co.uk> schrieb am Di., 19. Juli 2016 um