[OOTB-hive] Thoughts on Honeycomb that need your input

Andreas Steffan a.steffan at contentreich.de
Wed Jul 13 12:47:28 BST 2016

Scaling has various aspects. Alfresco will surely not throw application
level clustering code at us. From what I observe, I'd say they are
already slicing and dicing code and artifacts in various ways in order
to get more flexible at (automatic) plumbing. They need to get
installation to the next level, and the executable installer won't cut
it. I am fairly sure the community will see more benefit from those efforts.

However, I don't think this really matters today if we are aiming at
quickly getting something usable out of the door.

Same goes for jenkins and/or artifactory. Really awesome, especially at
scale but imho not critical in order to get something out of the door.

A basic webdav enabled webserver could do for a start. Maybe we could
even ask Alfresco whether we could use artifacts.alfresco.com. ;)
Seriously, I don't see why this should be a big deal.

Again, personally I'd like to start with things being as simple as possible.

Running Honeycomb should imho be as simple as:

docker run ootb/honeycomb:1.0

Running plain CE should be:

docker run alfresco/alfresco-community:5.1.g

PS: I guess I will be putting my thoughts on Alfresco containerization
together and push another blog post out.

cheers
Andreas

--
Andreas Steffan

Achter Billing 14
22399 Hamburg
Germany

skype: deas0815
M: +49 160 4694826
T: +49 40 23943542
F: +49 40 23943542

http://www.contentreich.de

Contentreich : Alfresco ECM, Clojure, Groovy und WordPress - aus Spaß und für Geld