[OOTB-hive] Volunteers wanted - Maintaining Community Support Tools

Axel Faust axel.faust.g at googlemail.com
Wed Dec 21 11:48:57 GMT 2016

Hi all,

I wanted to keep the initial mail short since I already have a tendency to
write longer mails than most people, so didn't include the tasks of a
maintainer in the hope there is a common understanding. Also, I didn't want
to scare anyone with my personal hopes / aspirations for community
ownership - it is a process that the team of core maintainers for this
project would pioneer and in some regards have to figure out how they can
handle it in a sensible way.

With that in mind: personally, I would expect / like the team of core
maintainers to:

- review / respond to issues, enhancement requests or PRs in a somewhat
timely manner (open source project => no SLO but I would like to aim for
7-14 day limit for first reply)
- reproduce issues / help reporters work around them and plan long term
resolution (again, no SLO but it would be great if identified issues are
either resolved or at least provided with a workaround in 1-3 months)
- plan, assign, perform and track implementation tasks
-- implementation may be done by others but core maintainers review /
decide what is merged into main line
-- localisation (as brought up by Angel and Douglas) would be an
implementation task to be planned/assigned everytime a new feature is added
with basic English I18n
-- potentially recruit / support other community members that want to
collaborate to lighten the load / share responsibilities
- test / verify compatibility with new Alfresco releases, and plan any
actions needed to achieve compatibility (again, no SLO but I would like to
aim for 3-6 month limit for compatibility with new version unless major
obstacles are found - for Community Support Tools I will check Alfresco 5.2
compatibility over the holiday season and expect at most 1-2 hours effort)
- generally be first contact for community members that have questions
about the addon

I hope that doesn't scare too many of you...

Regards
Axel