[OOTB-hive] Useful Add-ons and Patches WAS Re: OOTB contribution issues

Richard Esplin richard.esplin at alfresco.com
Tue Aug 2 17:56:08 BST 2016

I appreciate you helping us identify these issues. It would scale a lot better if you reopened them so we can review them, instead of just complaining about it.

In my last email I explained the scope of the problem, explained what we are doing to address it, and asked for help. There will always be more work to do than we can complete.

I am frustrated by your response that "it does not look like somebody cares". You regularly interact with members of this community who care, both within Alfresco Software and more broadly.

I share the disappointment when we cannot address every issue, but I stay motivated by focusing on the progress we have made and are making. That can be hard when people only want to talk about their frustration of the day.

So how will you help? How can you improve things without requiring money, time, or effort from someone else? How can you persuade others to assist you?

It isn't enough to propose a solution, you need to get a significant number of people to journey along with you.

Cheers,

Richard