[OOTB-hive] [ELECTIONS] My mission

Heiko Robert heiko.orderofthebee.info at ecm4u.de
Thu Jun 11 12:38:53 BST 2015

Dear bees,

I'm not a founding member of the hive but committed to the Alfresco
Community since the beginning, have seen or helped to build up and
maintain many, many Alfresco (mostly Community) driven sites, have seen
many implementations and use cases. What I'm standing for is getting
things done which are on the list to let Alfresco perform better in real
live.

Organisations shouldn't decide for Alfresco because it's free or uses
yet another framework developers are interested in. My mission is to
assist and support a community which is focused on an Alfresco which
addresses real user needs, use cases, makes users happy to work with.

Today Alfresco's TCO is very high - even with Community because everyone
tries (and needs) to invent the same wheels, solve the same problems.
There is so much to do and I'd be happy to channel and coordinate
forces, discuss and elaborate the best concepts to make Alfresco better
in term of user experience, use cases, flexibility, scalability,
stability - to make the missing wheels available ... and this is exactly
the big chance of the order of the bee organisation!

Alfresco made us a big present with the Community Edition and I
acknowledge this. I would prefer not to focus on an edition comparison.
Let's force on identifying needs, use cases, let's coordinate a
discussion with potential end users, organize to implement solutions,
find other experts and organisations, make Alfresco more visible,
available and comfortable on the user side. That's the best we can give
in return and give the Community emancipation!

Heiko