[OOTB-hive] [GOV] Draft by-laws

Richard Esplin richard.esplin at alfresco.com
Wed Sep 3 06:17:25 BST 2014

I really like the draft of by-laws.

However, I am still concerned by the restriction that prevents employees of
Alfresco from voting.

I understand the concern about independence, but I also think it is de-
motivating that an Alfresco employee could contribute to the Order and not be
able to participate on decisions involving their efforts.

So I propose a compromise.

Alfresco employees would vote in their committees, but not in a general
membership vote. I think anyone actively contributing on a committee should be
treated equally with other members of the committee. But if a committee issue
is impactful enough or divisive enough to require a broad membership vote,
then Alfresco employees would not participate in that vote.

This would require removing "committe vote" from the first sentence in the
section on "Voting Members". The section on "Non-Voting Members" would need an
additional sentence like "Non-Voting Members who are members of committees may
vote equally with other members of their committees on subjects restricted to
the affairs of those committees of which they are a member, but are not counted
in general votes."

Does this address everyone's concerns?

Richard