[OOTB-hive] [GOV] Draft by-laws

Bindu Wavell bindu at wavell.net
Wed Sep 3 05:46:02 BST 2014

Love it. There are a couple places that use the language: by a two-thirds majority vote from all known voting members.  I get these are serious matters. However, it may be that enough folks become inactive, that this is impossible. I assume the Eligibility Changes section is meant to deal with this. However if a vote fails simply because enough people don't vote and then we have to determine active status for our members it could drag a vote out for quite some time. I wonder if a fallback if a two thirds majority is not met such that say 75% of tallied votes can carry the vote?     Also it may make sense to have a tie breaking rule in here.  Thanks so much for your efforts on this Jeff!

-- Bindu

On September 2, 2014 at 10:10:39 PM MDT, Jeff Potts <jeffpotts01 at gmail.com> wrote:Hi Bees, I've drafted a rough set of by-laws. I am trying to keep it short--it is primarily focused on how we are organized, how board elections work, how voting works, and voting eligibility.  https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/gov/blob/master/bylaws.md A lot of it is repeat from my original "organizing ourselves" email with some feedback from that thread folded in (a longer voting period, for example).  The document is purposefully free of mission/vision/strategy statements, specific committee names, or anything that needs to be fungible. I'll give everyone some time to digest this and suggest feedback, then when it seems like we're close to something we can agree on we'll put it to a formal vote.  I would like to have these ratified before Alfresco Summit so if you have feedback, don't sit on it.Jeff