[OOTB-hive] [GOV] Draft by-laws

Jeff Potts jeffpotts01 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 05:10:39 BST 2014

Hi Bees,

I've drafted a rough set of by-laws. I am trying to keep it short--it is
primarily focused on how we are organized, how board elections work, how
voting works, and voting eligibility.

https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/gov/blob/master/bylaws.md

A lot of it is repeat from my original "organizing ourselves" email with
some feedback from that thread folded in (a longer voting period, for
example).

The document is purposefully free of mission/vision/strategy statements,
specific committee names, or anything that needs to be fungible.

I'll give everyone some time to digest this and suggest feedback, then when
it seems like we're close to something we can agree on we'll put it to a
formal vote.

I would like to have these ratified before Alfresco Summit so if you have
feedback, don't sit on it.

Jeff