[OOTB-hive] August 15, Tech talk live with Doug Dennerline

Richard Esplin richard.esplin at alfresco.com
Tue Jul 29 04:54:20 BST 2014

Official event page for August Office Hours with Doug is here:

http://www.alfresco.com/events/webinars/office-hours-doug-richard-aug-15

I appreciate the suggested questions. I added them to my list for
conversation.

As an FYI, I tried a few people to present for Tech Talk Live, but I either
didn't get much interest, or they went on vacation. But it is for the best,
since I got called into a meeting that would conflict.

We will do Office Hours, and then probably won't do any other web events until
after the Summits. So next Tech Talk Live will be November.

Thank you,

Richard

--
Richard Esplin
Head of Community

Alfresco
Simple + Smart

alfresco.com | twitter.com/alfresco | facebook.com/alfrescosoftware |
blogs.alfresco.com | linkedin.com/company/alfresco | youtube.com/alfresco101

Join us at Alfresco Summit | San Francisco, Sep 23-25 | London, Oct 7-9 |
http://summit.alfresco.com

On Thursday, July 17, 2014 22:25:05 Ole Hejlskov wrote:
> Gah, I wrote too fast. It is of course office hours, not tech talk live,
> sorry for the confusion ;)
>
> Here are my initial thoughts on things that I personally want brought up:
> - What is in the future for the community team? Jeff left, and his tasks was
> spread out between existing people. Richard is more busy than ever. There
> is a ton of good discussion material here:
> http://blog.alfrescian.com/?p=284 - one of the points is as Jeff
> summarizes: "Local focus. Richard and I are both in the US, so we were
> unable to focus on Europe as we would have liked to. Frankly, the community
> is much stronger in Europe than it is in the US, so this was a gap. If I
> had been given the resources to do so, I would have hired at least one
> person with the background you described to help me cover Europe.”
>
> I see more stuff going on in Europe, meetups, hackathons and there’s talk of
> a scandinavian meetup in the fall. Having official presence in Europe could
> help boost these events all around the community.
>

> Another subject is the worry that is in the community. We fear that Alfresco
> will be closed off, or that we see critical features being enterprise only.
> Why does the community users have to live in fear of these things?
>
> Peter Löfgren (Loftux) said it with a few great lines about a month ago:
> "I'm therefore looking for a Community promise from Alfresco Software Inc.
> - Any features/functionality available today will remain available
> - Any features/functionality available today will remain on par with
> Enterprise - Any new features/functionality added to Community will be
> bound by the Community Edition promise”
>
> /Ole
>
> On 17 Jul 2014, at 20:08, Ole Hejlskov <ole at phpfreak.dk> wrote:
> > My fellow bees!
> >
> > Richard put this on IRC earlier today:
> >
> > 16:09 resplin: Second item: We will be having office hours on August 15.
> > Doug Dennerline (Alfresco's CEO) will join me. I hope you have good
> > questions for him.
> >
> > This is a great opportunity for us to get some questions answered. We need
> > to gather our forces and find the right subjects to be discussed at this
> > event.
> >
> > Perhaps we should try and arrange a hangout to discuss?
> >
> > /Ole
<snip>