[OOTB-hive] [GOV] Thoughts

David Webster david.webster at alfresco.com
Tue Aug 26 09:40:02 BST 2014

On 22 Aug 2014, at 20:13, Martin Cosgrave <martin at ocretail.com> wrote:
> On 22/08/14 20:22, Richard Esplin wrote:
>>
>> * Alfresco Employees Voting: I think Alfresco employees should be allowed to
>> vote. Each is participating for his or her own reasons, and should be able to
>> help determine the direction of the Order.
> I really like the idea of people from Engineering having input into our direction but I really worry about the tendency to self-censor when you work for a company and you comment (or vote) about it publicly.

(I'm just catching up with list traffic after a bank holiday weekend)

I think the fact that the Order is independent is an important one. I'm happy to contribute, to offer help (and even opinion) where I can, but more through facilitation than actual direction. The case may be different for other employees who contribute more of their own time to the community, but personally, I don't feel it's necessary to compromise the Order's independence by voting myself.

David.