[OOTB-hive] Organizing our efforts

Heiko Robert heiko.orderofthebee.info at ecm4u.de
Thu Aug 21 09:23:37 BST 2014

Hi Daniel,

the word your're looking for is Non-governmental organization - and of
course they are daily practice in many countries, not limited to croacia ;-)

As far as I understood this is no subject of the bees team for today for
many reasons but maybe covered someday or by another organization. OOTB
is not a registered organization in that meaning but a loosly coupled
team of volunteers. If there is a need for that kind of NGO someone can
found and organize this separately and may complement the OOTB concepts.
OOTB activities are focused on /private /volunteers and freelancers.
Most of them earn their money as an Aflresco consultant and don't need
to discuss any kind of compensation. For now there is no plan to accept
money to organize further development to extend/fix CE, organize and pay
teams developing stuff full time similar to other  OSS
Main focus is to organize the community of existing and future open
source contributions to enable a better quality, availability and put
that in a separate distro: AlfrescBE ;-) - not to support a CE ecosytem

Im I right?
In that case I'm fine with that positioning and we can close the discussion.

P.S.: As a side effect the OOTB team should add some rules to make clear
who the owner of a contribution is. I mean: if the contribution is from
and owned by a company the package names should reflect this, if this is
from a private person there shouldn't be any disclaimber, package names
which relate to a company.

Heiko