[OOTB-hive] Organizing our efforts

Heiko Robert heiko.orderofthebee.info at ecm4u.de
Wed Aug 20 18:04:04 BST 2014

> No. The order of the bee does not accept money. We only accept
> services and goods.
hou - I didn't realize. I think this would limit dramatically the
ability to execute, outcome and the work which could be done in time.
I think it would be a pitty if the bee work is just done as a hobby done
by volunteers in their spare time. e.g. as Jan mentioned: who is testing
and fixiing IE compat issues. What is the target group the bees are
working for? Aren't these companies and organisations using Alfresco?
Who should rely on this? I think it is absolutely essential to have a
budget to sponsor work which needs to be done and not to focus on
combining and repackaging free addons in another flavor.

> This was discussed a few days ago:http://www.xtreamlab.net/pipermail/ootb-hive/2014-August/000162.html
I read and agree to the discussion but I didn't understand that the OOTB
couldn't be organized like libreoffice. They definitly have a budget and
a funding to run the organization, create events sponsor travels and pay
people implementing or fixing missing features if there is a need. This
doesn't mean every work has to be payed but it would allow us to pay for
work if there is a need to.