[OOTB-hive] Donations / Sponsors etc

Ole Hejlskov ole at phpfreak.dk
Sun Aug 17 12:47:06 BST 2014

On 17 Aug 2014, at 13:05, Martin Cosgrave <martin at ocretail.com> wrote:
> Making money for our own organisation is a thorny issue. We would need to be very wary of conflicts with employers of our members. It needs to be considered carefully.

Exactly, it’s a touchy subject and it opens up some really complex problems. I don’t like the idea of “making” money for the order, and again, we could quickly become an organisation that does bug fixes for money, and there is all sorts of trouble related to that.

> In the short term it would have to be some kind of sponsorship, but it would need to be totally without strings.

+1, we want to accept them, but no strings attached.

/Ole