[OOTB-infra] Live showcase

Heiko Robert heiko.orderofthebee.info at ecm4u.de
Thu Oct 16 17:42:53 BST 2014

Lets put it on a list and discuss/decide in a 15 min talk when a budget
is approved.

Having a subnet is nice to have but I don't see the need for the VMs
since their network interface shouldn't exposed directly to the
internet. We learned to be very restrictive since the hosters public IPs
are attacked all the time. So having only one firewall / reverse proxy
is much easier to maintain/monitor and to make secure than every new VM
which will be naked in the war zone ...

My suggestion for prios are:
1. get a virtualized box supporting standard images to be exchanged (I
prefer esx because maintainance and interoperability is much easier but
limited in the free edition to 2 CPUs/box)
2. get 2 IPs per box (doesn't require subnet)
2. scalability: 1 Alfresco VM requires at least: 1 core (= 2 treads, 2
vCPUs), 4 GB RAM. If you don't have a SSD disk IO is the 1st soft
bottlenek but CPU is the real limit. Therefore more than 3 concurrent
Alfresco systems on one physical CPU makes no fun (+ 1 for
Firewall/Routing). More RAM costs CPU power. So if we have e.g. a 100€
budget 1 PX70 is better than 1 EX4 but 2x EX4 are better than 1x PX70