[OOTB-hive] Alfresco DevCon - Volunteers for talk submission review

Axel Faust axel.faust.g at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 20 17:41:17 BST 2018

Hello everyone,

since the other mail about the question of IRC / Discord / Slack etc.
managed to stir up a bit of attention, maybe we can use that to fuel
other issues as fell. Today I want to remind you of one task that Younes
communicated in his email in August
(http://lists.xtreamlab.net/pipermail/ootb-hive/2018-August/001011.html)
and which was listed on the public Trello task board concerning the
Alfresco DevCon 2019. As in the last DevCon, Alfresco is very keen to
include the Order of the Bee in the process of selecting the talks of
the event from among all the submissions. For this we have been asked to
communicate who would be willing to help.

I / we don't want this role to simply default to some people that may
just happen to be asked personally / appear to be the "obvious" choice.
We ask anyone in the Order to consider whether they want to be part of
that process and contact the board with a mail stating that they
volunteer. Last year we had two people on the team and I expect this to
be the same this year.
Note that we cannot guarantee anyone who volunteers to be accepted by
Alfresco, but we aim to give anyone a fair shot...

We will consider any volunteer submissions arriving before 22:00 UTC,
September 25th. This call is open for any non-Alfresco employee member
of the Order, regardless of voting rights, and will be taken into
account when additional voting rights are being discussed...

Best regards and please do not be shy...
Axel