[OOTB-hive] Connecting (more) the community + OOTBee challenge

Francesco Corti fcorti at gmail.com
Wed May 30 22:26:55 BST 2018

Good evening bees,

Today me and Kristen, we decided to (slightly) change the format of the
Office Hours as first move of the challenge Jeff raised.

Until today the Office Hours was a youtube webinar to get in touch with the
Alfrescans. It worked and it is working well, but we think that in these
days it would be better to have a place where to meet and talk, instead of
a place to (mainly) hear and raise questions in a chat.

We are thinking to a Zoom room (max 100 users) launched on a weekly basis,
every Thursday at 5:30 pm CEST, where me and Kristen we will receive all
the chaps that will want to join us for one hour maximum. Hopefully the
Alfrescans will join us too. No plans on the discussion, no preparation of
the content, only a free an open chat to meet the people and discuss about
Alfresco stuff.

Disclaimer: we will receive for sure "hard questions", we will receive for
sure questions we cannot answer (because out of our scope), we will receive
for sure complains, but it doesn't matter, what we want to do it's be more
open and get in touch with all the people we can, and add more transparency.

Kristen will write a blog post to introduce this initiative, but what I
would like to do is to invite all of you to join us there, to start the
discussion around the OOTBee challenge. The first Office Hours is planned
for the 7th of June (next week).

With this action we don't want to declare as finished the challenge, but
only trying to give a place where to start it.

Cheers,

-F

PS: The Office Hours as webinars won't go away. We plan is to setup one
each time the topic will be identified. For example we plan a webinar on
meeting the Activiti Team for the Activiti 7 GA release, one for the new
roadmap with John Newton, etc.