[OOTB-hive] Board Elections - Nomination Phase

Boriss Mejias tchorix at gmail.com
Thu May 17 23:12:15 BST 2018

Dear bees,

As it was announced during the Alfresco DevCon this year, and approved by
the voting members, this is the original timeline for the Board Elections
of this year:

17/01/2018  Announce the Board Elections (at least 90 days before start) -
During DevCon
30/04/2018  Nominations Open (30 days before campaigning)
30/05/2018  Voting members list Close (before campainging)
30/05/2018  Campaigning (14 days before voting)
13/06/2018  Voting (14 days)
27/06/2018  End of Voting

The timeline follows what's described on our by-laws, which are publicly
available here:

https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/gov/blob/master/bylaws.md

>From that text, here is the information about step 2: Nominations

"At least 30 days before the campaining phase, a nomination period begins.
During this period voting members may nominate a candidate by sending an
email to the public list. The nominee may accept or decline, but they must
accept via the public list. If the nominee fails to publicly accept the
nomination before the end of the nomination period, they cannot be
considered as a candidate in the current election cycle. At the end of the
nomination period, no more nominations are accepted."

Note that I failed to informed the start of the nomination phase on the
public list, but the voting members were aware of the timeline in advance.
I take the responsibility of this delay, even considering that Queen Bee
kindly reminded me about the deadline. Please let us now if you have an
issue with this as soon as possible. Last time the nominations was quite
clear in a few days. But rules are rules.

Given all that said: Bring those nominations to this public list.

Cheers
Boriss