[OOTB-hive] Board Elections: Younes Regaieg

Younes REGAIEG y.regaieg at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 12:34:16 BST 2018

Dear fellow bees,

Following Mikel and Axel steps, I am writing to you to (re)introduce myself a bit. I was honoured with my name coming up during the nomination phase along with several other active members within the community. And here are a few details on why I decided to accept this nomination.

For those of you who do not know me yet, I started with Alfresco technology not that far long ago (CE 4.2.c was the first release I extended), but I was quite engaged with the community ever since I came to discover the FreeNode IRC channel #alfresco and the existence of the Order (Late 2015). I helped with the organisation of both editions of BeeCon, and I try to get involved as much as possible with this community.

Even though my main focus is the content repository, I am acquainted with other components / concepts (BPM, micro-service architecture, …). Despite the fact I am not an expert in those areas, I already can see where is the current direction alfresco seems to be taking is leading, and I can imagine ways the order can help democratise these concepts for CE/FOSS users.

I was not yet involved with the community around the inception of the Order, but I grew fond of its ambitious vision quite fast. I consider that the lack of activity / stagnation period the OOTBee has experienced lately to be nothing more than a warrior rest, after having organised two successful first-class international conferences and having contributed to the rebirth of Alfresco DevCon, and I aim at more tight collaboration with Alfresco to empower both developers and FOSS/CE in the future.

Regards,
Younes

Keep buzzzzzing
🐝 buzz zzz zzzz