[OOTB-hive] Board Elections: Axel Faust

Axel Faust axel.faust.g at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 7 00:22:03 BST 2018

Hello guys,

with Mikel kicking it off this morning, I'll follow him up and also
re-introduce myself to you guys and give a few details on why I decided
to accept my nomination for this board election.

Compared to some other members, Mikel among them, I joined the Alfresco
community a bit late, starting with Alfresco 3.2 in 2010, and starting
to be active within in the community sometime in 2011. While I was
working for an Alfresco partner for most of my time, I have started out
with my own little company since the last board election, which has
allowed me to contribute more back to the community in terms of both
code, consistent time in the new community platform and even some
collaborations with other organisations within the community.

Having been one of the members of the board since the last election, I
share most of the views of my fellow members, which Jeff has summed
together in his usual, eloquent manner. With changes both technical,
organisational, staff-wise, and with regards to the new ownership,
various question marks surround the future of Alfresco as a product and
as our community. Despite having put up two great conferences, the Order
has not grown to fill the original vision with life, and our activities
have either stagnated or not actually kicked off in most of what we
planned to do.
Though I share the idea Jeff has mentioned when he declined his
nomination about a need for a sort-of reinvigoration of the board with
new members, I did decide to accept my nomination seeing myself still
extremely motivated and committed to trying to kickstart activity within
the order. Maybe with the fresh ideas the new board members will bring
to the table, and by focusing on more specific, discrete/smaller work
items to foster collaboration, we can find a workable nucleus to -
step-by-step - bring back life to our vision, and keep the order from
becoming a zombie before Alfresco does. From the question of ADF/ACA
evolution towards a potential replacement for Share, to keeping Alfresco
true to John Newton's promise of the "open-core model", there are
sufficient areas we could engage in, even if just to collect and funnel
the various concerns and suggestions to give them more weight in the
discussions with Alfresco.

Regards

Axel