[OOTB-hive] [INFRA] Some infrastructure news

martin at bettercode.com martin at bettercode.com
Sun Jul 31 16:50:19 BST 2016

A few pieces of infrastructure coming together...

https://artifacts.orderofthebee.org/

An Artifactory server. By default it presents you with a login box, but
if you just click off that you can get the public access to the
published artifacts. At the moment it only has artifacts for repo
versions 5.1.g and 5.2.a-EA but theoretically we should be able to
publish anything from the Jenkins server.

Speaking of which...

https://jenkins.orderofthebee.org/

Currently with anonymous access you can see the jobs that have been
configured, and you can view the logs of attempted builds, etc. Any
OOTBee member who wishes to contribute here can have a login, just get
in touch. (The same is true for artifactory but there should not really
be any need; Jenkins should just be able to publish to Artifactory by
including a post-build step. I say 'should' because for some reason
4.2.f and 5.0.d are not publishing >.< yet)

https://chat.orderofthebee.org/

A mattermost server to satisfy the slack addicts. I haven't enabled or
installed any fancy integrations. I had a go at setting up a bot (hubot)
but there was more complexity than I wanted and it didn't add much value
(many, many unbuildable extensions!). I'm not sure of the layout either,
I've chosen a team per committee whereas maybe we just want one team and
many chatrooms within. Let's look at it as purely experimental for now.
You should be able to self-serve your own login on this one.

https://beecon.orderofthebee.org/

Nothing new here, just moved from Daren's infrastructure to mine. Let me
know if something doesn't appear to be working (well the mobile app
doesn't, for starters!)

  martin at bettercode.com