[OOTB-hive] Patches in the Honeycomb distro

Axel Faust axel.faust.g at googlemail.com
Mon Jul 25 22:32:05 BST 2016

There is no need for name-tricking, classpath-finger-crossing,
file-overriding/patching or any other dirty shenanigans 95% of the time.
Spring and the JVM provide all the means to apply patches in an almost
clean manner (albeit with a bit more effort in some corner cases). This
also typically allows for using alfresco-global flags to enable/disable
individual changes.