[OOTB-hive] List closures

martin at bettercode.com martin at bettercode.com
Wed Jul 20 09:53:26 BST 2016

Dear all

Due to lack of activity in the committee mailing lists, and a fairly
onerous requirement for list management despite this, we are
consolidating the committee lists into ootb-hive.

The committee-specific emails should now appear in this list but with a
committee-specific tag in the subject line. If you choose, you may set
up a negative filter on your email client to exclude these.

The tags to be used in the subject lines of committee-based emails are:
[INFRA], [ADDONS], [DISTRO], [GOV] and [MKT]

The previous list archives will still be available at the following
addresses:

http://www.xtreamlab.net/pipermail/ootb-infra/
http://www.xtreamlab.net/pipermail/ootb-addons/
http://www.xtreamlab.net/pipermail/ootb-distro/
http://www.xtreamlab.net/pipermail/ootb-gov/
http://www.xtreamlab.net/pipermail/ootb-mkt/

In addition, previously messages which were not authorised within 24
hours were automatically timed out as a spam mitigation feature, however
several times we did not manage to approve legitimate messages within
this time and then those messages were automatically deleted. Therefore
I have changed the automatic timeout feature to wait for 5 days before
deleting unmoderated messages.

Current moderators, I will now send a reminder of your password for
ootb-hive. If anyone else would like to volunteer to be a list moderator
for ootb-hive, please get in touch with me by email or in the
#orderofthebee IRC channel on Freenode.

Thanks, and kind regards,

Martin Cosgrave

  martin at bettercode.com