[OOTB-hive] Volunteers wanted - Maintaining Community Support Tools

Axel Faust axel.faust.g at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 19 16:27:54 GMT 2016

Hello all,

the previous discussion about my suggestion to move the Community Support
Tools project (https://github.com/AFaust/ootbee-support-tools) into OOTBee
has not received any overt objections and at least one respondent listed
such a move as a prerequisite for him contributing to it.
As was also discussed in that thread and as I have suggested, no project
should be accepted into OOTBee without a set of volunteers that commit
themselves to maintaining it. If the project becomes a lame duck / dust
collector, it may have to be archived and removed, or revert back to
previous ownerhsip.

Please respond to this mail *before January 9th* if you are volunteering
for maintaining this project. I'll consider 3 people willing to be "core
maintainers" the minimum number to pass.

Once a set of core maintainers has materialised, the current vision and
feature goals of the project may be updated based on consensus within the
group. For now, the vision is to provide missing tools for Alfresco
administrators to the Repository-tier admin console or the Share-tier admin
tools using lightweight, standard extensions, for use in both Commnity and
Enterprise Edition. These tools may be about providing insight into system
health / performance, allowing easier problem identification or resolution,
or just providing new configuration options to avoid restarts or allow for
more flexibility.
An initial roadmap of ideas exists in the wiki (
https://github.com/AFaust/ootbee-support-tools/wiki/Roadmap) as well as the
issue list.

Regards
Axel