[OOTB-hive] Call for contribution: Let's build a comprehensive module of bug patches!

Benjamin Kahn xkahn at zoned.net
Thu Aug 25 14:41:29 BST 2016

Okay. Here is a proposed addition:

Clean, extensible import API for JavaScript resources
https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ACE-2722

The problem is that the import syntax for Web Scripts is not valid
Javascript. This causes problems for people who use IDEs or with syntax
validation checkers.

As a reminder, the current syntax is:
<import resource="classpath:/alfresco/templates/org/alfresco/import/alfresco-util.js">

Axel proposes two alternatives:
importScript("legacy", "classpath:/alfresco/templates/webscripts/org/alfresco/repository/forms/pickerresults.lib.js", true);

importScript("classpath:/alfresco/templates/org/alfresco/import/alfresco-util.js", true);

Others propose simply allowing the import to still work when commented out:
//<import resource="classpath:/alfresco/templates/org/alfresco/import/alfresco-util.js">
or
//+<import resource="classpath:/alfresco/templates/org/alfresco/import/alfresco-util.js">

The last comment in the bug is:
    Ok - the confusion may be due to the fact that there are two distinct
    implementation of ScriptResourceHelper in Alfresco - one in Surf and
    one on Repository tier. The Surf one has been fixed and the change is
    in both 5.0.d and 5.0.1. The Repository tier one has not been changed
    / adapted.

So it's already been accepted into Alfresco, but only in Surf. Should
this repo accept this patch so code analysis can operate over more of
the source?