[OOTB-hive] Useful Add-ons and Patches WAS Re: OOTB contribution issues

Andreas Steffan a.steffan at contentreich.de
Mon Aug 1 11:21:07 BST 2016

Richard,

I understand that you are not Alfresco Inc., and you are most likely not
even responsible for things that are bugging me, so please don't take
this personal!

I maintain roughly 100 "add-ons" - mostly small tweaks of various
nature: Fixes, generic enhancements, customer specific fuctionality etc.
I don't want to go over, classify and count them now.

However, the quickshare download link
(https://www.contentreich.de/the-missing-alfresco-quickshare-download)
is a classic which may have been fixed in core over the last three years.

I believe you when you say you'd like to know more about the things we
usually apply. Still, it seems you are batch closing issues nobody at
Alfresco has ever had a look at.

https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ALF-20508

is  an example.

Almost three years old, still dead easy to reproduce and not even commented.

I am sorry, but this is very discouraging.

cheers
Andreas