[OOTB-hive] Happy Anniversary Order of the Bee

Boriss Mejias tchorix at gmail.com
Sat May 23 09:43:56 BST 2015

Dear Bees,

By the end of 2013, at the Alfresco meetup in Leuven, we were discussing
with Martin about the need for self-organisation in the Alfresco community.
We saw that the community was growing and being well driven by Jeff and
Richard, but the question was: What if they are not there any more? Will
the community still be strong without leadership coming from Alfresco?
These questions came again discussing with Ole and other community fellows
in Brussels, in May 2014, at the Hackathon. One year ago, precisely on May
23, Ole, Martin and myself were chatting about doing something to remove
this dependency on Alfresco. That's when we decided to create the Order of
the Bee, so that we could help Jeff and Richard in their role of
bee-keepers, for the greater good of the bees.

Today, one year later, I see a very strong community that still needs to
mature but that can carry on with its own energy. Jeff isn't at Alfresco
any more, Richard has changed his role, and we still have a great hive. We
help each other in our daily activities related to Alfresco, and next to
that we try build new things together. I'm really proud of the group we
have, so thanks to all the bees for what we have done in this year, and
let's keep on buzzing to get better things in our second year.

To celebrate this anniversary, we will carry on until June 2, the day of
the first email to this mailing list announcing publicly the Order, with
some post and tweets about the order. We want to make a list of what we
have achieved so, please send an email to Cristina (in Cc) with what you
have done for the Order during this first year, so that we don't forget
anyone.

To sum up:
Happy Anniversary Order of the Bee.
Celebrations from May 23 until June 2.