[OOTB-hive] The future of Alfresco Summit

Jeff Potts jeffpotts01 at gmail.com
Thu May 7 03:09:59 BST 2015

I agree with you that DevCon wasn't killed--we morphed it into Alfresco
Summit a while back and added some business tracks and those were
successful conferences overall with cross-over between the two, as you said.

I also understand the motivation behind having a single conference every
year rather than two.

The questions I have about Alfresco Summit that may drive my opinion about
what happens with BeeCon are:
 * Will this year's summit include technical tracks? If so, how many?
 * Do sessions presented by users of Community Edition have an equal chance
of being selected when compared to sessions presented by users of
Enterprise Edition (all other things being equal)?
 * What will the cost of this year's summit be? (I'm thinking of its
attractiveness to Community Edition users as well as a recognition that
people from outside of the US may have a higher travel cost now that this
is their only choice).

Jeff

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 10:48 PM, Richard Esplin <richard.esplin at alfresco.com