[OOTB-hive] Fwd: The "low rent" conference

Martin Cosgrave martin at ocretail.com
Wed May 6 23:31:48 BST 2015

Here's the idea I was trying to articulate to the board a few days ago.
I think it would be possible to do something without any sponsorship at all.

I wouldn't preclude doing the big conference Boriss was talking about
though. I suppose I'm thinking of this as more like a festival than a
concert.

A friend of mine runs this
https://hacktionlab.org/hacktionlab/index.php/BarnCamp_2015 where
participants pitch a tent on the farm and various talks and hacking
happen in the barn. I'm not suggesting anything quite so literally
"grass roots" but it's a great example of how you can get a lot of the
important stuff done very cheaply.