[OOTB-hive] Honeycomb Minimum Memory Requirements?

Daren Firminger daren at digcat.com
Tue Jun 16 10:18:14 BST 2015

Hi Mark

So depending on if your using 4.2.f (2gb min) or 5 (3gb min).  on a dev
environment ive found giving the vm 4gb seems to get 5.0x and nightly up
and running, and my local machine has 8, so its a bit of a push, but
works ok.  You need to consider the components (apache, mysql, tomcat,
solr), and would recommend putting the db on a seperate vm, and
providing the db credentials so you dont need the db on the same vm as
tomcat.

regards

Daren

cheers