[OOTB-hive] "Keep SPP IP proprietary"

Martin Cosgrave martin at ocretail.com
Mon Jun 15 22:29:56 BST 2015

Hey all

Here's an interesting JIRA ticket
https://issues.alfresco.com/jira/browse/ALF-21304

The story is "As an Alfresco executive, I want to preserve the most
valuable portion of the SharePoint Protocol library as proprietary
Intellectual Property so that it cannot be used by our competitors."

I think the approach they've taken is pretty good, they know they cannot
actually protect their IP from copying and misuse in this way, but
nonetheless they can give it to us in this form anyway, content with
"sending a signal" about how it should be used.

I'm very encouraged by this and I think it shows a great deal of good faith.

I would be very interested in opinions in either direction about it.

Cheers
Martin