[OOTB-hive] Proposed Order of the Bee Board Election Timeline

Jeff Potts jeffpotts01 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 15:11:57 GMT 2015

Here is the earliest possible timeline for Board elections according to our
existing by-laws [1]:

1/27/15    Announce the Timeline (90 days before start)
4/27/15    Nominations Open (30 days before campaigning)
5/27/15    Campaigning (14 days before voting)
6/10/15    Voting (14 days)
6/24/15    End of Voting

We can either live with this timeline or someone can initiate a vote to
shorten the 90 day announcement requirement either permanently or
temporarily. That vote requires a 2/3 majority of all known voting members
to pass.

If someone was willing to go to the trouble to initiate that vote I'd
support it, but with such a low activity level we're experiencing currently
I also don't think it is necessary to bring the election forward.

If there are no strong opinions voiced by the end of the day we'll go with
the timeline as it stands above and I'll make the official announcement to
that effect.

Jeff

[1] https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/gov/blob/master/bylaws.md