[OOTB-hive] Report: activities of ADDONS and MKT committees, voting members and Office Hours

Oksana Kurysheva okurysheva at itdhq.com
Tue Jan 20 13:55:19 GMT 2015

Dear bees,

Happy New Year! And I want to ask you to wake up! We were very quiet during last months, but we are alive. So I tried to summarize what did we do in December/January. The result of my investigation can be found at http://bit.ly/1ztzDX2 .

Another thing I want to tell you is that all committees are working. And we need your help.

All of us are valuable members of the Alfresco community. Some of us develop addons, others write technical articles. We started the Order to unite our efforts and be together. As for now, more than 100 people joined the Order. But really active are not more than 15.
I thank Axel Faust for his wonderful job on the ADDONS committee. This report ( https://github.com/OrderOfTheBee/addons/blob/master/addon-reviews/JavaScript%20Console.md ) on the first reviewed addon is admirable.
I thank Douglas C. R. Paes for selecting the most interesting posts from Alfresco-related blogs.
I thank Martin Cosgrave for his work on scripts and tests for DISTRO committee.
I thank all other members who helped us during last months. Many of them are marked with a "bee" on the website (http://orderofthebee.org/about/#members). It means that these people are now "voting members" and have more power in the Order, if I can say so. :) Sorry if we forgot to mark someone and didn't observe his or her contribution, tell us about it and we will fix it.

We have a lot of tasks to do. And if you feel that you have a few hours a day to join some activity or to start a new one, we wait you in IRC on #orderofthebee channel and in the committees' mailing list.

I hope that someone from the GOV committee will reply to this email and tell about election of the new Board that should be started soon.

Sincerely yours,
Oksana