[OOTB-hive] [GOV] By-laws revised

Ole Hejlskov ole at phpfreak.dk
Thu Sep 11 14:24:18 BST 2014

On 11 Sep 2014, at 06:21, Boriss Mejias <tchorix at gmail.com> wrote:

> Oh No!, I agreed, too quickly. I was somehow expecting the change of "anyone can join" to "anyone who wants to contribute can join", so I over read that part.
>
> So, here is the only change I proposed to the current by-laws text:
>
> Where it says: "Anyone can join our organization. There is no minimum experience level or expected contribution level to become a non-voting member of the organization. To become a voting member you will need to spend time making significant contributions to a committee (see [voting members][votingEligibility])."
>
> I'd suggest: "Anyone who wants to contribute to the community can join our organization. There is no minimum experience level required to join, so your contribution can be either technical or not. To become a voting member you will need to spend time making significant contributions to a committee (see [voting members][votingEligibility])."
>
> What about that?

+1 to this change, I want people to know we expect some kind of activity or contributions from our members.

Exactly as Boriss wrote it, “Anyone who wants to contribute to the community can join our organization..."

Apart from that, I agree with the rest, but I’d like to support the idea Jeff made earlier in this thread:
As soon as possible, I would like to have a Google Hangout with the Board members to discuss and ratify these by-laws. As soon as that is done we can work on voting in the first batch of voting members.

How about monday next week?

/Ole