[OOTB-hive] Contents of OOTB-hive digest...

Richard Esplin richard.esplin at alfresco.com
Thu Sep 4 15:21:18 BST 2014

When growing a community, you want as broad a group of potential contributors
as possible. If someone chooses to affiliate themselves with the Order, we want
to accept that opt-in because it makes it easier for us to encourage them to
contribute now or in the future. Grab the enthusiasm while it is on offer,
provide a title of "member" (and not much else), and then nurture that person
into a contributing and voting member.

Otherwise you will need some type of "interested non-member" status so that
you can track those interested in the order who haven't yet contributed.

It sounds like at least part of your goal in membership is to be exclusive--to
show that you are part of a contributing community. You can still enjoy that
status as a voting member.

I think Jeff's proposal that anyone can advertise their membership emphasizes
our welcoming attitude and makes it easy to participate. But only those who
have contributed will have the ability to influence the policies and direction
of the order.

Richard