[OOTB-hive] Mission statement?

Martin Cosgrave martin at ocretail.com
Thu Oct 9 09:55:37 BST 2014

Several people at Summit have asked me to define exactly what the Order
is for / is about and I realise we don't have a canned mission statement
which sums up our aims.

My responses have boiled down to:

"We're trying to ensure that the open (source-)ness of Alfresco stays
open" - a guy from Gartner liked that one :-)

"We want Alfresco Community to be seen as a first class citizen, not as
a toy version of Enterprise" (my impression is that Alfresco management
like to portray Community as only good for proofs of concept, or as a
playground).

"Nobody believes Doug" also gets greeted with murmurs of agreement ;-)
but maybe that's not for an official summary...

Perhaps we need to decide on a formal mission statement, a pithy one- or
two-liner that can sum up what we are about, what our goals are, and
what motivates us.

Cheers
Martin