[OOTB-hive] Fwd: Brace.io is closing down

Heiko Robert heiko.orderofthebee.info at ecm4u.de
Wed Nov 26 11:10:59 GMT 2014

fyi
our forms service we use on the website will shut down end of the year.

@Oksana: we need to find an alternative. It would be easy to host
something on our new servers but we should clarify what we really need
and what we want.

heiko

Betreff: 	Brace.io is closing down
Datum: 	Tue, 25 Nov 2014 16:50:00 +0000
Von: 	The Brace Team <team at brace.io>

Brace.io is closing down

Thank you for using Brace.io. A week ago we announced that _Brace is
joining Squarespace_
<http://brace.us3.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=272056a8babe9828e7298036d&id=2d0bcaf6f0&e=7f9c1cf21c>.
It’s been an exciting year, but now the Brace.io service will be closing
down over the next few months. To ease your transition, we’ve made
arrangements with _Site44_
<http://brace.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=272056a8babe9828e7298036d&id=1fdc13c32c&e=7f9c1cf21c>to
give you 90 days of free service, and compiled some resources that you
might find helpful.

Please note that your websites, including _redirects_
<http://brace.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=272056a8babe9828e7298036d&id=b416a952a9&e=7f9c1cf21c>,
will continue to be available on Brace.io until January 19, 2015, after
which they will be disabled.

Because Brace is strictly a static website hosting product, your content
can be migrated to a traditional web host without any changes. However,
if you choose to take advantage of the offer from Site44, there are a
few things to consider.

*Migrating to Site44:*

Site44 is a simple static web hosting solution that uses Dropbox to
deploy your code. We think Site44 provides the closest experiece to
Brace.io for static website hosting.

To move to Site44, first follow this link to create a new account.

_https://www.site44.com/admin/signup/brace-free-trial_
<http://brace.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=272056a8babe9828e7298036d&id=92e286e864&e=7f9c1cf21c>.

When you create an account using the link above, you’ll be recognized as
a previous Brace.io user and will be offered a 90-day free trial (rather
than the typical 30-day trial). Note that you’ll need to enter your
credit card to redeem the offer, but you can cancel your subscription at
any time before the trial ends to avoid being charged.

Then you can copy the files from your site folder in Dropbox/Apps/Brace
to the corresponding folder in Dropbox/Apps/Site44.

*Migrating your domain:*

If you have a custom domain and are switching your host, you must update
your DNS records. If you’re using a Brace.io subdomain, such as
mysite.brace.io, you’ll need to find a new domain name. We’ve created a
_redirect feature_
<http://brace.us3.list-manage.com/track/click?u=272056a8babe9828e7298036d&id=33a2543758&e=7f9c1cf21c>that
you can use to forward visitors to your new domain once it’s set up. We
recommend you create a redirect and inform your visitors of your new
domain as soon as possible.

If you have any difficulty migrating your site, please shoot me an email
at _support at brace.io_ <mailto:support at brace.io>. I’ll do my best to help!

Thanks again for believing in our vision and supporting us at such an
early stage. There’s much still to be done to make web development more
intuitive for the growing web developer community. I hope our paths
cross again soon!

Sincerely,

Cole Krumbholz

Founder of Brace.io