[OOTB-hive] Downloading Alfresco Community Edition

Boriss Mejias tchorix at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 13:26:24 BST 2014

Hi Richard and members of the Order of the Bee,

One thing at the time, and here I'd like to discuss the download of the
Alfresco Community Edition.

Richard, I need your opinion on this. On the current state, to download the
Community Edition, you need to provide your email, and then you get a link
that brings you to site where you have to click again, until you get the
real link to download the software. The link only send you to the .bin
file, not to the .zip file.

When we will have our web site ready (for the OOTB), it would be nice to
have a direct link to download Alfresco Community edition without having to
provide an email, as it was before. And that together with download links
to different version of the software. This can help a lot the installation
scripts that needs to do this automatically.

What would be the impact of this? I'm pretty sure Alfresco Sales won't be
happy, but the distribution of the software is a fundamental thing. What's
your opinion on this?

cheers
Boriss