[OOTB-hive] Some more ideas

Ole Hejlskov ole at phpfreak.dk
Fri Jun 13 12:09:19 BST 2014

On 13 Jun 2014, at 13:11, Jan Pfitzner <ecm.expert at gmail.com> wrote:

> First of all: nice ideas & vision - I'm going to join if you like.

Sure! Welcome on board :)

> A few suggestions regarding internal organization:
>
> 1) we should use sth. like a task board to manage our ideas & tasks. We could use trello.com as our backlog or waffle.io if we gonna use github.
> A few of you may now that I'm also developing a trello-like board for Alfresco using Angular & Alfresco Dynamic Extensions - here is a screencam: http://quick.as/zrd0udvw
> It's currently not Open Source but it is supposed to be. I'll push it to github if we wonna use it here.

We still have yet to proper decide on tools, I think there are talks about doing a hangout or something similar to agree on the first steps.

Should we set up a doodle to find a time to discuss? 30-60 minutes next week?

> 2) As you already planning we'll need a web presence. I wouldn't use Alfresco WCM here...let's have a look for a much lighter approach like github pages or hugo (https://github.com/spf13/hugo).

Yes, we need a front, but as above, we still need to decide.

> 3) Domain. Imho, we should use a non-Alfresco domain to clarify the independence. I'm owner of the alfrecians.org domain - I'll contribute the domain to this project if you like to use it.

I just remembered that I promised Boriss that I would go and buy orderofthebee.org. Also we talked about having everything hosted outside the Alfresco company.
This is not because we are against Alfresco as a company, we do not want Alfresco (the company) to be able to try and short circuit anything. It just feels better to have it in our own control.
Again, it’s nothing against Alfresco, but I feel strongly for this. I’ll pay out of my own pocket if we need to.

Also, Richard and other Alfresco employees should be welcome to join. We need to include them in our discussions, and give him (Richard) as much support as we can.

I’ll catch Boriss and see if he already ordered the domain, otherwise I’ll look into it when I get back home (I’m in Athens for meetings these days).

/Ole