[OOTB-hive] Unifying voices

Boriss Mejias tchorix at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 14:07:59 BST 2014

Hi guys,

I thought I was back on Tuesday, but due to amount of work that got piled
I'm slowly getting back only now.
As a complement to marsbard's reply, here are my two cents to each of
Lanre's questions

1. For the goals of the OOTB, I'd like to know if we agree on the two
targets:

a) Software: Alfresco Community Edition
b) Bees (people): Alfresco Community, regardless of the software edition.

And some concepts I'll also like to agree:

c1- *"There is no community without an open source edition of the
software"*. We are not like Apple Fan boys that just consume whatever a
company produce. We are also producers, and we want to collaborate among
each others

c2- *"Members of the Alfresco Community"* are not only community edition
users, but also enterprise edition users, alfresco partners, free-lancers,
alfresco engineers, etc. What makes us part of the community is that we
help each other, share our knowledges, share our software. If we can't
share our software, we cannot have a community.

2. For the platform of communication, I agree with marsbard that this is
our starting point. He has another email regarding how we are going to
coordinate our efforts in terms of Alfresco software, but first we need to
get organized as OOTB.

I really want to have your feedback regarding the two targets, and the two
concepts I presented. Concept c2 will help us to know who are we going to
invite to the OOTB.

cheers
Boriss