[OOTB-hive] Organizing our efforts

Heiko Robert heiko.robert at ecm4u.de
Wed Aug 20 16:13:37 BST 2014

one I'm missing is funding and finance.
this team could collect money for the internal work and costs and on the
other hand organize bugets/funds for larger extensions/module/solution
efforts.

Heiko

Am 20.08.2014 16:15, schrieb Jeff Potts:
> I believe you and Oksana are proposing the following:
>
> 1. WEB becomes INFRA
>  - does not include content creation
>  - does include live showcase
>
> 2. PSN becomes part of MKT
>
> GOV, DISTRO, ADDONS remain unchanged for a total of five committees
> starting out. The BOARD is a special committee as membership will
> require elections going forward.
>
> If that's the proposal, I am in agreement. Those are good changes.
>
> Jeff
>

> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 8:09 AM, Boriss Mejias <tchorix at gmail.com
> <mailto:tchorix at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Fellow bees,
>
>     We were discussing on the #orderofthebee channel today about these
>     ideas posted by Oksana, and we believe she has a point regarding
>     MKT generating the content. We also realised that we need a team
>     working on the collaboration platform apart from the website
>     platform. So, we came up with the following idea:
>
>     - Move web content as a task of MKT
>     - Replace WEB by Infrastructure or Platform, whatever name is better.
>
>     Like that, instead of having WEB asking for content to MKT, we
>     will have MKT requesting web support from Infrastructure/Platform.
>     Like that, the Live Showcase falls more naturally into
>     Infrastructure/Platform.
>
>     What do you bees think?
>
>     I don't have an opinion regarding the merge of PSN and MKT
>
>     cheers
>     Boriss
>

>     On 19 August 2014 18:13, Oksana Kurysheva <okurysheva at gmail.com
>     <mailto:okurysheva at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hello Jeff,
>
>         Great idea. I like it, but I don't understand a place of the
>         Board in this scheme :)
>
>         More specific comment:
>
>         I suggest to merge (or reogranize) some committees:
>
>         1. _Web Site_. There are 2 completely different parts of
>         activities around the website:
>         - technical (architecture, select tools, maintain the site
>         etc). Live Showcase is completely different technical activity.
>         - marketing (update content, draw new pictures).
>
>         So I suggest to put the second point to the _Marketing_
>         committee. Live Showcase is somewhere near to _Distribution_.
>
>         2. _Marketing_ and _Professional Services Network_.
>
>         I suggest to all website content to the Marketing (see above).
>         And I suggest to merge "collect customer stories" and
>         "Professional Services Network". We will ask all SIs and
>         freelancers for some customer contacts (or ready stories) and
>         we will ask all customers for SI/freelancer contact. So I
>         think that it should be the same activity.
>
>         3. About "web site" and myself. I already got several comments
>         in IRC today about I should become a chair of _Web Site_
>         committee. So:
>         I would like to work on the content and on the images on the
>         website, but I really have no time to build great dynamic
>         website with authorization, voting etc till the end of the
>         year. I don't have experience in this topic and I'm not ready
> [...]

Heiko Robert [heiko.robert at ecm4u.de]
Consultant / Geschäftsführender Gesellschafter

ecm4u GmbH
http://www.ecm4u.de
Hölderlinplatz 2b
70193 Stuttgart

t: +49 (711) 912775-72
m: +49 (176) 347475-72
f: +49 (711) 912775-80

ecm4u GmbH - die IT in Prozessen einfach sinnvoll nutzen
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 734004, Geschäftsführung: Heiko Robert