[OOTB-hive] platform ideas

Heiko Robert heiko.orderofthebee.info at ecm4u.de
Wed Aug 20 13:35:03 BST 2014

sorry for my spam today but this is my last input for today - I need to
work ;-)

to make it easier to collect and organize our work/knowledge/todos I
would prefer a comined platorm like redmine (tickets, formus, wiki,
version control). A pure mailing list is not that functional and may
scare interested parties which are not developers. We have very good
experience with redmine and one of the very good features is the mail
handling. I could create and host an instance on our servers if of interst.

Of course it is always good to eat the own dog food but for _now I don't
see a real use case for running an Alfresco instance. We spent a lot of
work in integrating Alfresco into our market backend but I would not do
this again because it is a lot of work without real benefit / the toc is
to high. But if the ootb team decides there is a need I'd happy to host
an appliance instance on our servers.

For long term I think it is of importance that all services are managed,
controlled, maintained and audited only by internal team members and
that every kind of conflict of interest should be avoided. So every
'private' solution of hosting which is not transparent should be seen as
a short term temporary solution. German partners have a history in this
and I can tell stories about that ...

irq chat
to use #alfresco is fine but I can't see why to discuss OTTB stuff
there. I see this channel for technical questions. So I vote for using
the mailing list (or what else is used in future) for discussing any
ootb related stuff or to create a separate channel.

Heiko