[OOTB-hive] Status update

Oksana Kurysheva okurysheva at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 17:12:33 BST 2014

Dear bees,

Several updates and questions from my side:

1. I updated the website with the following changes:
- changes in About section provided by Boriss merged to the master branch
(Boriss, thanks a lot for your improvements).
- now we use AngularJS to manage Members section
- new bees are added to all pages
- new About page added
- new empty pages added for our activities (list of SI and freelancers,
success stories, honeycomb). the content of these pages can be managed by
AngularJS in the same way as Members
- Activities section improvements

Also I think that "members" should be moved to the new About page after we
have more content for the first page. Because there are already too many of
us.

Boriss mentioned a list with 3 points "out target, not our target, can
become our target". I added this list to the About page under "Our way of
working" title. All suggestions for this section are welcome.

2. I have read discussion about voting & membership. Some ideas on this
topic:

In the best practices with the Fedora community we can select a Board every
year. The Board is a number of people who are speaking on behalf of the
whole Order with Alfresco. For example there is an Office Hours event on
Friday. And Boriss collect questions from the members to Doug. We may
appoint him as a Speaker, so he will represent the Order and talk with Doug
discussing questions that are interesting for everyone in the Order and in
the community.

I suggest the following idea: everyone who is ready to become a board
member tell us what he/she wants to bring to the Alfresco. After we collect
all suggestions we organize a voting in a mailing list. A few people
collected the most number of votes or all people who collected more than
50% of votes (if multiple votes are allowed) are appointed as a Board of
the Order. So, they get super power of the Bee to talk to Alfresco and try
to push their topics. On the other hand they are to report results back to
the members (details to be discussed).

3. Donate/Sponsorship

We are independent from Alfresco. But I start thinking about sponsoring
Order of the Bee. Donations don't work, but maybe companies in which our
members work and some other companies would like to be mentioned as
sponsors (like Document Foundation has). If we are ready to consider
sponsorship than we may add this information on the website.

Why do we need it?
- buying t-shirts and printing whitepapers
- paying for the servers if we need them in future
- drinking beer all together :)

Why does someone want to give us some money?
- cheep marketing
- if a sponsor ask us to look at a bug in an add-on, it would be difficult
to say "no"

4. A question is mostly to Richard if he finds a time to read these
discussion one day.
I suggest to help Richard in providing TTL. Many of us already participated
in TechTalk and know how it looks like. If Richard agrees, we may provide
TTLs in months when he doesn't have time to do it. We collaborate a lot
with each other and will discuss addons and projects with many other
developers (I hope) while working on our OOTB activities, so it should not
be a problem to find one interesting topic every month. We may use OOTB
brand for such OOTB talks and promote them in Alfresco channel. And if
Richard finds a topic himself, this topic always will have a priority. How
do you like the idea?

p.s. Andreas, thank you for the link to the video. It's awesome.

Best regards,
Oksana

--
С уважением,