[OOTB-hive] Status update

Oksana Kurysheva okurysheva at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 20:21:51 BST 2014

> I like that. A few of the top names, both business and devs, within
Alfresco, with a mini bio. What springs to mind is:

Ou, I mean another point. Not adding them as our members (Doug cannot be
our member because of our principals :) ), but a description of the Order
for them. About our positioning etc.

> +1 - I don't see a reason to exclude alfresco employees but we should
make them distinct.

Renamed "Candidates" section to "Alfresco Inc emplyees" :) I think that we
should invite Will Abson, Toni de la Fuente, Nathan McMinn, and add them
only after they agree on joining the Order. Richard knows everything about
us and he is a part of the community. But other Alfresco employees may not
understand what is happening.

> It feels odd to me to have a 'contact us' section that doesn't have a
contact form.

So should we add a form that will send a message to this mailing list?

> I'm not sure that I understand in what context a system integrator would
be giving his/her customer details to the list. Surely just their own
public information?

Depends on what requirement will we do for publishing SI at the website. I
think that the most reasonable requirement is "Show us real customers that
like the result of your work, give us their contacts". In other case we
will have thousands of freelancers who know only how to install Alfresco in
the default configuration. IMHO.

> @OrderOfTheBee ? It is available. I noticed that bee_order is actually
underscored not hyphenated and I don't really like the underscore. Personal
preference only.

I thought that it's too long name.. But you are right. I renamed @bee_order
to @OrderOfTheBee. Now I should find a way to share a password with you in
secure way (look at the previous point one more time) :)

> I can set up the alfresco instances if we have anywhere to host them.

I'll see tomorrow the situation with our servers in Germany. I'm sure we
have 4-8Gb RAM and 300-400Gb of storage, but the issue with IPv4 IP is the
same.. And we already have 3 Alfresco instances on these 2 servers, so
finding ports to forward all FTP, SMB etc ports can be not so easy..

One more question for the bees:

If we print T-shirts, bee glasses and buy antennas, do we do it
individually or someone will do it for all of us? :)

Best regards,
Oksana

--
С уважением,